Bloglovin'

Follow

DIY Paint Splattered Jeans

Hi!
 
Sorry for my lack of posts! I'm starting a new job soon, and between interviews, applications and general anxiety about having to be somewhere on a scheduled basis, I didn't take any pictures.
Well, at least I took pictures of my DIY-ed  pants. I don't even know if I should consider this a tutorial, as it's ridiculously easy. But I figured I should at least show what I did. In case you're like me, and have a pair of pants that you really like, but that you've kinda trashed from the old houses and apartments you've painted/cleaned. I had actually attempted this many years ago, but I jacked it up, and ended up tossing them. This time around, I stuck to one color (instead of three), and was more deliberate with how I splattered them. You could totally use multiple colors, as I've seen done before, but I personally wanted something more neutral. Obviously, my pants are black, but regular jean color will work too. Another thing you can do is rip/distress them. Cut and fray the bottoms, rub random spots with sand paper, sew on patches. Do with them what you will!

-Things you will need-

A pair of pants (duh)

Acrylic paint (as this stains and literally never  comes off!)

A dish you don't care about (to hold the paint)

An object to splatter the paint with, preferably a brush (I, of course, could not find a brush, so I used a fork instead)

Now, you will need to find a place to do this. Ideally outside, or in a garage, so long as it's okay if you get paint on the floor. To start, put a small amount of water, and roughly the same amount of paint into your dish.
Mix well. It should be noticeably thicker than water, but you should still be able to fling it off the fork.
 Next, lay out your pants in paint-safe area.
Now, there really isn't much technique to this. Simply flick paint in the general direction of the pants. Though I find it better to do this standing up, as the splatters turn out better.
Careful of how much paint you put on, as once it's on, it's not coming off.
   
Make sure to let them dry completely before putting them on, as you don't want to get acrylic paint on everything!
 
I hope you enjoyed this (maybe, kinda) tutorial.
XOXO
 
-Emmy

Comments

Popular Posts