Bloglovin'

Follow

Art Deco

Hi!
I know I've said this before, but my favorite color combination by far is red, black and white. It just draws your eye in such a strong way. It's very stark and straightforward, but still has a pulse, an edge if you will. It's very assertive, I think. It's crazy, while I love the whole princess/mermaid/unicorn pastel vibe that is very trendy at the moment, I feel most like me in bold color combos. Like red, yellow and purple, or black, white and red. I feel it most accurately represents me as a person, as a soul. That's why I honestly can't stress enough to wear what feels most like you. The difference it makes in your confidence is huge! I know it sounds incredibly vapid, and maybe it is, but I literally can't imagine dressing in a way, as cheesy as it sounds, that isn't authentic. It feels like you're wearing a disguise. A disguise, that no matter how nice it is, you can tell just isn't real. While there is nothing wrong per se, the shirt matches the pants, the colors go, something just isn't right. 
 
Whatever, I'll stop now, as I probably just sound like a raving lunatic (which I am, but that's beside the point).
Dress - Gap Kids (like a million years ago!)  Socks - Target  Boots - Goodwill  Bandana - Walmart  Sunglasses - Walmart (they were only five dollars!)
It's kinda crazy, I remember buying this dress years ago, and there was a lady standing behind me in line. She started talking to me about how she liked the dress I was buying, and how cute it would look with a pair of red boots. I agreed with her, but as I had no red boots to speak of at the time, I never was able to create the outfit. I was literally like 11 or 12 at the time, and now, years later, I've finally worn that outfit. It's just weird.
Thank you so much for reading! XOXO

-Emmy




Comments

Popular Posts